Subject: bug#10457: (Broken?) programmable completion in shell buffers

From: Oleksandr Manzyuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 18:28:14 +0000

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>>> When I am in a directory that doesn't contain files with a dash
>>> in the name, typing "ssh -" and hitting TAB produces only "No match"
>>> message in the minibuffer.
>
> I can't reproduce this. I get the expected completions buffer.

Meanwhile I purged the emacs-snapshot Ubuntu package and built Emacs
24.0.92 from sources, and I can confirm that this problem is gone.
The lockup issue is still there, but I have temporarily fixed it as
follows, following Thierry's idea:

(defadvice pcomplete-opt (around ensure-completions-pcomplete-opt)
  "Temporary fix of bug#10457."
  (or ad-do-it
      (throw 'pcomplete-completions nil)))

(ad-activate 'pcomplete-opt)

-- 
Oleksandr Manzyuk
http://oleksandrmanzyuk.wordpress.com