Subject: Re: bug#10451: 24.0.92; Bad cross reference in Info manual

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 17:34:41 -0500

We also have links to other manuals provided by other projects: Make,
    glibc, and Aspell, for example.  Manuals of other GNU projects do the
    same; e.g. the Texinfo manuals include references to Emacs.  There's
    nothing we can do about this; avoiding such links would make the
    manual less useful.

We might be able to improve what happens when you follow a link to a
manual that is not installed.  At least on GNU/Linux.  Maybe the
attempt to follow that link could cause the pertinent package to get
installed.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/