Subject: Re: bug#10451: 24.0.92; Bad cross reference in Info manual

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 21:06:02 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 10:56:54 -0800
> 
> This is that "real cross-reference to Texinfo", which you mention:
> 
> "However, Emacs normally hides some other text in cross-references.
>  If you put your mouse over the cross reference, then the information
>  appearing in a separate box (tool tip) or in the echo area will show
>  the full cross-reference including the file name and the node name of
>  the cross reference.  If you have a mouse, just leave it over the cross
>  reference *Note Overview of Texinfo: (texinfo)Top, and watch what
>  happens."

This is not the one I had in mind.  If you are talking about this one,
then there's another problem: this manual also comes with the Texinfo
package.  If that reference is changed to point to the Emacs manual,
it will be broken for someone who installs the Texinfo manual and
doesn't have the Emacs manual installed.