Subject: Re: bug#10417: 24.0.92; Shell completion regression for shell-completion-execonly

From: "Michalis V." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2021 11:47:49 +0300

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 17:28:50 +0200
>> 
>> This was a decade ago, and I'm unable to reproduce this in Emacs 25.1
>> (or the current trunk).
>
> The original report was in Emacs 24, not 25.  I don't have a working
> Emacs 24 on Unix to try this.  For the trunk, it could be that the
> completion-style preferences changed the default behavior.  Note that
> the original report specifies an order of completion functions.

hi,

FWIW i can reproduce this in linux with build 24.0.92.1 (head
651e947eb84b9201faa63ff6dc855a8c99ac8018). Not reproducible in 24.5,
27.1 or 28.0.50

Michalis