Subject: 24.0.92; Upper case R disappears

From: Ivan Kanis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 16:45:48 +0100

This bug report will be sent to the Bug-GNU-Emacs mailing list
and the GNU bug tracker at debbugs.gnu.org.  Please check that
the From: line contains a valid email address.  After a delay of up
to one day, you should receive an acknowledgement at that address.

Please write in English if possible, as the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators for other languages.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug, and
the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give a recipe
starting from `emacs -Q':

I am running bzr emacs, pulled and compiled this morning,

1) emacs -Q
2) in the scratch buffer type uppercase R

I expect to see R.

What I get is when the cursor blinks on the letter disappears. It's such
a weird bug it only happens with uppercase R! I don't use blink so the
letter R is always hidden for me which is a bit of a nuisance ;)

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.14 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2011-12-30 on yan
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/home/ivan/emacs-bzr' 'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  icomplete-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  tracking-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-scrolltobottom-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> 
<down> <down> <return> C-/ C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-SPC n <backspace> C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> 
<mouse-movement> <drag-mouse-1> M-w <next> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<next> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-SPC <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
M-w C-x C-f <backspace> t p <backspace> m <backspace> 
<backspace> k e <return> <backspace> b o b <return> 
r e m d <backspace> <backspace> d m i n e . s h <return> 
<return> C-y C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p <return> # SPC s c r i p t SPC t o SPC i n 
s t a l l SPC r e d <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
R e d m i n e C-x b l i <backspace> <backspace> s c 
r <return> R <backspace> D <backspace> A <backspace> 
B <backspace> C <backspace> D <backspace> E <backspace> 
F <backspace> G <backspace> H <backspace> I <backspace> 
J <backspace> K <backspace> L <backspace> M \ <backspace> 
<backspace> N <backspace> O <backspace> P <backspace> 
Q <backspace> R <backspace> S <backspace> T <backspace> 
U <backspace> V <backspace> W <backspace> X <backspace> 
Y <backspace> Z <backspace> M-i s M-x r e p o r t - 
e m <tab> b <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
/media/portable/fresh/Enrique Granados - Piano Music (Vol 1-8)/Vol.1/Granados - Piano Music, Vol.1 - 08 - Spanish Dances Book 3, Op. 37 - Sardana.mp3 [2 times]
/media/portable/fresh/Enrique Granados - Piano Music (Vol 1-8)/Vol.1/Granados - Piano Music, Vol.1 - 09 - Spanish Dances Book 3, Op. 37 - Mazurca.mp3 [2 times]
Mark set
(New file)
Setting up indent for shell type sh
setting up indent stuff
Indentation variables are now local.
Indentation setup for shell type sh
Mark set
/media/portable/fresh/Enrique Granados - Piano Music (Vol 1-8)/Vol.1/Granados - Piano Music, Vol.1 - 10 - Spanish Dances Book 4, Op. 37 - Danza triste.mp3 [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/misc/time hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/time
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/misc/whitespace hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/whitespace
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-gnus hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-mouse hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-octave hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-matlab hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-bbdb hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-entities hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-docbook hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-docbook
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-mks hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mks
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-compat hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-capture hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-colview hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-dot hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-latex hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-mac-message hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mac-message
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-clock hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-org hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-datetree hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-latex hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-latex
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-jsinfo hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-jsinfo
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-ocaml hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-comint hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-macs hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-vm hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-vm
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-C hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-table hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-table
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-scheme hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-icalendar hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-icalendar
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-clojure hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-mhe hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-src hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-src
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-pcomplete hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-wl hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-wl
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-protocol hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-eval hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-special-blocks hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-special-blocks
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-mscgen hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-gnuplot hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-install hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-install
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-feed hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-rmail hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-sqlite hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-haskell hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-freemind hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-freemind
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-id hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-id
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-remember hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-remember
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-plantuml hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-irc hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-publish hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-publish
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-attach hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-inlinetask hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-w3m hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-plot hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-maxima hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-archive hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-mobile hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-list hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-list
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-js hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-tangle hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-sql hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-R hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-xoxo hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-xoxo
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-faces hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-docview hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-crypt hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-html hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-html
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-perl hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-calc hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-lob hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-awk hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-bibtex hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-sass hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-java hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-footnote hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-ref hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-python hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-ctags hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-sh hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-ditaa hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-taskjuggler hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-taskjuggler
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-ruby hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-info hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-info
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-screen hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-mew hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-mew
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-table hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-ledger hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-lilypond hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-exp hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-habit hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-beamer hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-beamer
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-indent hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-css hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-lisp hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-agenda hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-exp-blocks hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-exp-blocks
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-exp hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-exp
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-ascii hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-ascii
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/ob-keys hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/org/org-timer hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/misc/erc-goodies hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/erc/erc-goodies
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/emms/tq hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/misc/appt hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/calendar/appt
/home/ivan/.emacs.d/misc/sym-comp hides /home/ivan/src/emacs-bzr/trunk/lisp/obsolete/sym-comp

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sh-script executable epa-file epa epg debug uniquify
muse-journal muse-book muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common htmlize
newcomment muse-colors muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols info
muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode ido icomplete mule-util
w3m-bookmark w3m-tabmenu w3m-session w3m-search mailalias smtpmail
bbdb-message sendmail hashcash cookie1 gnus-fun swbuff smiley ansi-color
gnus-cite w3m-form w3m-symbol w3m doc-view jka-compr image-mode w3m-hist
w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util qp
mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic
pop3 nndraft nnmh nnml nnfolder parse-time bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua netrc
gnutls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
nntp gnus-cache gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
mail-utils bookmark tabify image-file org-capture org-mks org-archive
japan-util kkc ja-dic-utl quail help-mode view paren eldoc init
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple url-util url-parse url-vars
emms-mark emms-info-mp3info emms-tag-editor emms-setup emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-score emms-cache emms-info later-do
emms-playlist-mode emms-source-playlist emms-source-file dired-x dired
emms emms-compat cal-iso vc-git autoinsert org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-agenda org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline garak notify
dbus-util dbus tree-widget lui tracking incomplete network-stream
auth-source eieio assoc gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
starttls tls erc-ring erc-netsplit erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-join erc-track erc-match erc-spelling
flyspell ispell erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
thingatpt pp xcscope ivan-w3m ivan-term ivan-slime ivan-re-builder
ivan-org ivan-newsticker newst-backend xml derived ivan-muse
ivan-message ivan-japanese ivan-gnus ivan-french easy-mmode ivan-english
ivan-emms ivan-elim elim browse-url cl ivan-comint bs ivan-bbdb bbdb-com
mailabbrev bbdb timezone auto-complete-config auto-complete popup
tex-site ring caps-mode ivan-common-code marker-visit appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs saveplace time fuzzy
byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp regexp-opt rx
cus-edit easymenu cus-start cus-load wid-edit ivan-var ivan-keymap
edmacro kmacro ivan-fun find-func advice help-fns advice-preload
ivan-face ivan-load time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)