Subject: bug#10410: bump: Bug#10410: numbers, ipv6 addresses in uri module

From: Daniel Hartwig <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 12:01:06 +0800

On 6 July 2012 19:15, Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed 22 Feb 2012 07:15, Daniel Hartwig <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Bumping this bug report as it is relevant to commit 1868309 which
>> recently addressed the issue with domain names starting with numbers.
>
> Sorry for the long delay.

Please, no :-)  Your meticulous approach to maintenance is
commendable.  All are confident of the eventuality of the next “serial
processing” session.

> I have applied your patches on my hasty
> commits.  There were a couple bugs that this brought out; for example on
> my system, inet-pton does not expect the address to be surrounded by
> [].

Nice spot.  Evidently when I originally looked in to this I did not
get much past string->uri and assumed the job done (*what* happened to
the actual task I was trying to complete then?!)

> I fixed this to have the uri-host / build-uri #:host to never have
> brackets.

Works well.  One small nitpick, depending on what uri-host is defined
to be returning this may or may not differ from spec.:

 host        = IP-literal / IPv4address / reg-name

 IP-literal    = "[" ( IPv6address / IPvFuture  ) "]"

In my intuition, a call to build-uri is naturally of the form:

 (build-uri #:scheme 'http
            #:host "[2001:db8::1]")

Though, for convenience, this begs for a predicate or two for
ip-literals and conversion from ip-literal->ipv6-address.

Anyway, working is better than not working, thanks :-)