Subject: Random point jumps

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 13:55:57 +0800

*Steps to reproduction*:

In the *Group* buffer with topic-mode enabled. Move point to be on a
topic with zero unread articles (i.e. empty topic) and type T H (M-x
gnus-topic-toggle-display-empty-topics)

*What happened*:

`point' is moved to the first group counting from the _bottom_ of the
buffer with unread articles. This comes as most surprising when I finish
reading the last unread article in a topic and then quit the summary
buffer when gnus-topic-display-empty-topics is set to nil.

*Expected behaviour*:

point should stay close to where it was, such as the next unread group.

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 23.3.50.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0 AppKit 1038.36)
 of 2011-12-21 on localhost
200 news.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.5.1 ready (posting ok)
101 Capability list:
VERSION 2
IMPLEMENTATION INN 2.5.1
AUTHINFO USER
HDR
LIST ACTIVE ACTIVE.TIMES DISTRIB.PATS HEADERS NEWSGROUPS OVERVIEW.FMT
OVER
POST
READER
STARTTLS
.