Subject: Re: bug#10395: 24.0.92; line-prefix text inherits face properties from the preceding line rather than following text

From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:32:53 +0800

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> writes:

>> So my vote is to leave this as it works now, and maybe document this
>> to avoid surprises.
>
> Agreed about leaving this alone for now, though I'd rather not commit to
> documenting it as "the" behavior just yet.
>
> OTOH, the "expected" behavior would be for the line-prefix not to
> inherit face properties at all, much like overlay before-strings.

Whoops.  Looks like there's a realistic situation in which this pops up,
and looks bad: Bug#4281.  I committed a fix for that (revno 107654),
before remembering about the discussion in this thread and the decision
to leave it alone.

I guess I could revert the fix.  But first, is there a work-around for
Bug#4281?  The line prefix applied by org-indent-set-line-properties
does have an explicit `face' property, but that didn't seem to stop the
global-hl-line-mode highlighting from leaking into the prefix.