Subject: Re: bug#10393: 24.0.92; missing files in Dired

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 01:26:25 -0500

> Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 18:26:42 -0500
> From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> 
> I can't reproduce this, but I have seen it several times.
> 
> I have a Dired buffer displaying the directory ~/outgoing.  I type g,
> and some file whose name starts in .# does not show up.
> I see that file when I type ls outside Emacs, but it is missing
> from the Dired buffer.

When it does happen, is it reproducible?  That is, if you repeatedly
type `g', does that file never show up?  If so, could you perhaps step
in a debugger through dired-redin and its subroutines, when you do
encounter the bug, and see what is going on there?

Btw, does that happen in Dired buffers that read the entire directory,
or buffers that show only some files specified by a wildcard (or
both)?