Subject: Re: bug#10393: 24.0.92; missing files in Dired

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 00:49:40 -0500

When it does happen, is it reproducible?  That is, if you repeatedly
    type `g', does that file never show up?

My memory is not firm, but I think it never shows up.

However, if I start a new Emacs, then the file appears.
(I think it also appears if I kill the buffer and make a new one.)
That is an obstacle to using GDB on it.

    Btw, does that happen in Dired buffers that read the entire directory,
    or buffers that show only some files specified by a wildcard (or
    both)?

I have only seen the problem in buffers visiting an entire directory.
However, my usage of Dired buffers with wildcards is much more infrequent,
so I have no evidence about whether the problem can happen in them.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/