Subject: RE: bug#10387: CODE wishlist: search-prop.el

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 16:00:31 -0800 (PST)

> > By default, the zones not being searched are dimmed a bit.
> > `C-M-~' toggles, to search the zones that do *not* have the
> > particular property values.  For example, with a command such as
> > `isearchp-imenu-command', which normally searches Emacs-Lisp
> > command definitions (after putting a property on them),
> > `C-M-~' makes it search all text other than command definitions.
> 
> `C-M-~' is a strange choice and it can't be typed on tty.

FWIW -

It can be typed on a tty, as `ESC-C-~'.  Admittedly, not as handy
as `C-M-~'.  But no worse than `M-s f ~' etc.

`~' is mnemonic for complementing/negation in some logic notations.

I use `C-M-~' because that is also the key I use for this in
Icicles search (from which this property-searching was taken).

In Icicles, `C-~' is used to complement the current set of
completion candidates, and `M-~' is used to toggle whether to
abbreviate your home directory using `~'.  And of course `~'
self-inserts.

> There is a special sub-map for filter commands on `M-s f'.

I have no objection, if you would like to put this on `M-s f ~',
for example.