Subject: Re: bug#10381: 24.0.92; delete-other-windows-vertically depends on the window split order

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 10:50:23 +0100

> `delete-other-windows-vertically' behavior depends on the order in which
 > the windows were created.

Yes.

 > M-x delete-other-windows-vertically RET
 >
 > now there are 3 windows like this:
 > -------
 > |     |
 > -------
 > |  |  |
 > -------
 >
 > which is _WRONG_.

Why?  Your doc-string says

   Delete the windows in the same column with WINDOW, but not WINDOW itself.

That sentence is vague but doesn't contradict what the function does.

If you want the function do something different, I'd suggest reading
section 28.2 Windows and Frames of the Elisp manual first and make
yourself acquainted with internal windows.  Then you will probably
understand that the behavior you apparently strive for cannot be
obtained when the first split of a frame's root window creates windows
one above the other.

martin