Subject: Re: bug#10381: 24.0.92; delete-other-windows-vertically depends on the window split order

From: Sam Steingold <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 13:02:17 -0500

> * martin rudalics <[email-masked]> [2011-12-28 10:50:23 +0100]:
>
> If you want the function do something different, I'd suggest reading
> section 28.2 Windows and Frames of the Elisp manual first and make

C-h i runs the command info:
in Elisp manual:

28 Maintaining Large Programs
28.2 Change Logs

you probably meant

20.2 Splitting Windows

which does not speak about columns of windows.

> yourself acquainted with internal windows.

C-s in info does not find "internal w"

The bottom line is that there should be an easy way to merge two windows
which is one under the other, no matter what the history of their
creation was.

-- 
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 11.10 (oneiric) X 11.0.11004000
http://memri.org http://mideasttruth.com http://honestreporting.com
http://jihadwatch.org http://pmw.org.il http://thereligionofpeace.com
Flying is not dangerous; crashing is.