Subject: bug#10379: 23.3; calendar and positive scroll-margin

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 21:27:19 +0100

Hi,

in emacs -Q, do

  (setq scroll-margin 2)

and then

  M-x calendar

If you now move around (calendar-[forward|backward]-[day|week]), the
calendar window gets vertically scrolled if you move point to the last
2 lines.  This doesn't contradict any doc, however, it is really
annoying, because the month and day names get out sight.  It also has
no advantage at all, because the whole calendar buffer content is
already visible without scrolling.

Regards,

Michael

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-10-26 on murphy, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11102902
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-gconf' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: de_DE.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: C
  value of $LANG: de_DE.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t