Subject: bug#10374: 3 test failures on fedora 16

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 18:18:33 +0100

Hi Jim.

I've fixed all the blunders you pointed out, and also correctly updated
the date in lib/tap-driver.sh:$scriptversion.  But I have to disagree with
you on one point (see below).

On 12/27/2011 03:55 PM, Jim Meyering wrote:
>
> General note:  This comment appears in three places.
> IMHO, that feels like too many.
>
I don't agree.  The comment in the ChangeLog entry is a one-shot -- it correctly
express something about this change, and it doesn't deal with possible follow-ups,
so it can't risk falling out-of-sync or becoming obsolete.  We won't have to
worry about it anymore in the future.  So we are left with only two copies of the
comment describing the new behaviour and the reasons behind it: one near the
code implementing said behaviour, and one in the test case checking it.  That
seems perfectly adequate to me.  And if we really had to remove one of them,
which one would you pick?  It's not a clear choice to me.

Thanks,
   Stefano