Subject: bug#10371: closed (Re: bug#10371: Broken links in the on-line automake manual)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2020 21:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10371: Broken links in the on-line automake manual

which was filed against the automake package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10371: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10371
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10371: Broken links in the on-line automake manual
From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2020 15:43:25 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

    The attached patch.gz fixes the urls in automake.texi, adds checklinkx
    to the contrib/ subdirectory, and a new target in doc/local.mk to invoke
    it for rechecking. 

Hearing no objection, I pushed this change (last night, belatedly
sending this mail, sorry) and am closing this bug. -k

Subject: Broken links in the on-line automake manual
From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 22:03:50 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Feeding the address of the on-line automake manual:

  <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html>

to the W3C linkchecker:

  <http://validator.w3.org/checklink>

I've found the following *broken links*:

  <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/tar.html>
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/make.html>
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/gettext.html>
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/libtool.html>
  <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/dejagnu.html>

Suggestions on how to best fix these would be appreciated.

Regards,
  Stefano