Subject: bug#10367: 23.3.50; M-j in js-mode

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 14:39:29 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Any objection to binding M-j to c-indent-new-comment-line in js-mode?
>>
>> (Yes, yes, I know we should fix indent-new-comment-line to do what
>> c-indent-new-comment-line does, but I specifically designed js-mode to be
>> compatible with cc-mode editing functions, and this change will work for now.)
>
> There has been no objections within 9 years.  But I don't use js-mode,
> so I don't know what the best behavior here is.  Does it make more sense
> for js-mode users?  If so, it seems like you should perhaps just go
> ahead and make that change?

It seems like this has changed in the years since this was reported.  In
both c-mode and js-mode, `M-j' is bound to `default-indent-new-line',
and behaves the same in both modes, as far as I can tell.

So I'm closing this bug report.  If there's something I'm
misunderstanding here, please respond to the debbugs address and we'll
reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no