Subject: Re: bug#10364: bind C-tab to `widget-backward' inside editable-field widget

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 17:20:26 -0700

Dmitry Kurochkin <[email-masked]> writes:

> In buffers containing widgets C-tab is bound to `widget-backward'.  But
> it does not work if the point is inside an editable-field widget, and
> "<C-tab> is undefined" message is displayed.  Since C-tab is not used
> for anything specific to editable-field widget, it makes sense to bind
> it to `widget-backward' inside editable-field, just as it is outside of
> editable-field.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately have gotten no
responses yet.)

I tried this in Emacs 27, and it seems like this has been fixed in the
intervening years.  TAB and S-TAB both work as expected in editable
fields in a Customize buffer.  (I guess this keybinding moved from C-TAB
to S-TAB.)

So I'm closing this bug report, but if you're still seeing this problem
in modern Emacs versions, please reopen.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no