Subject: tail: fix --follow on FhGFS remote file systems

From: Sven Breuner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 01:58:06 +0100

Hi,

can you please add the FhGFS remote file system magic "0x19830326" to 
the inotify blacklist of the src/tail.c:fremote function.

We currently receive lots of problem reports regarding this issue.

In general, I would also like to suggest changing from the current 
inotify blacklist to using an inotify whitelist (containing file systems 
that are known to support inotify, such as xfs, ext2/3/4, ...). This 
would allow setting the default for unknown file system to disabled inotify.
Currently, the inotify mechanism is assumed to be working for all 
unknown file systems, which probably causes trouble for a lot of the 
different network file systems out there.

Thanks and best regards,
Sven

---

Sven Breuner
Fraunhofer HPC
FhGFS Team
http://www.fhgfs.com