Subject: bug#10346: 24.0.92; doc string of `save-buffer'

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 14:15:05 -0800

Please describe the optional argument ARGS (which should be called ARG,
BTW, since it is not &rest and it is not a cons in general).
 
The doc string talks about the prefix arg, but no connection is made to
ARGS for use in Lisp.
 
Furthermore, "With a numeric argument of 0" is incorrect and misleads.
For an interactive user, this should be stated in terms of the numeric
value of the prefix argument, not just "a numeric argument".
 
In general, reread the doc string, and I'm sure you will see that it
could be improved wrt describing the use of a prefix arg and the use of
the argument from Lisp.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2011-12-06 on MARVIN
 Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
 configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/include --ldflags
 -LD:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-2.10.1/lib'