Subject: Re: bug#10346: 24.0.92; doc string of `save-buffer'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2014 21:35:45 -0800

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Please describe the optional argument ARGS (which should be called ARG,
> BTW, since it is not &rest and it is not a cons in general).

Fixed on trunk.

> The doc string talks about the prefix arg, but no connection is made to
> ARGS for use in Lisp.

Yes.  But the values for ARG are so...  non-Lispey, I have a feeling
that it's been left off by choice.  The values are basically 0, 4, 16
and 64, which are ... kinda opaque when calling a function like that.

I don't know.  Should these values be documented or not?

> Furthermore, "With a numeric argument of 0" is incorrect and misleads.
> For an interactive user, this should be stated in terms of the numeric
> value of the prefix argument, not just "a numeric argument".

Fixed on trunk.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/