Subject: Re: bug#10336: lexical vars are collectable test is failing

From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 00:16:04 +0100

On Fri 27 Jan 2012 19:36, Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed 25 Jan 2012 17:10, [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:
>
>> Second thing, it suffices to insert a function call like
>> ((lambda (x) #f) #f) just before calls to ‘gc’ to solve the problem.
>>
>> So I’m thinking we may have a real bug here.
>
> I pushed an experimental patch that attempts to NULL out variables that
> are local to the VM.  Let's see what hydra does with it.

In the end that failed.  I pushed a different patch that tried to NULL
out recursively called C stack frames.  Perhaps it worked?  As tests are
passing, I will close this one for now.  It's possible that simply
recursing through the VM wouldn't work well, as there might be stack
slots in vm_engine that don't get set in all code paths.  If we see
errors in the future, let's just mark those as flaky and move on.  Let's
also try to reduce the number of UNRESOLVED results in general, so that
these hacks will be more visible.

Regards,

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/