Subject: 24.0.92; Doc fix

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 19:56:37 +0100

Hi,

Here's a documentation patch:
* The first part of the hunk clarifies a bit that paragraph,
explaining first how the new buffer's major mode is determined, and
then how is re-established when the buffer is saved to a file.
* The second part fixes a mistake.

=== modified file 'doc/emacs/buffers.texi'
--- doc/emacs/buffers.texi      2011-10-23 14:57:53 +0000
+++ doc/emacs/buffers.texi      2011-12-20 18:38:44 +0000
@@ -103,19 +103,20 @@
 buffer name.  @xref{Completion Exit}, for details.

  One reason to create a new buffer is to use it for making temporary
-notes.  If you try to save it, Emacs asks for the file name to use.
-The default value of the variable @code{major-mode} determines the new
-buffer's major mode; the default value is Fundamental mode.  @xref{Major
-Modes}.
+notes.  The default value of the variable @code{major-mode} determines
+the new buffer's major mode; the default value is Fundamental mode.
+@xref{Major Modes}.  If you try to save it, Emacs asks for the file
+name to use, and the major mode is then re-established, based on that
+file name.

 @kindex C-x @key{LEFT}
 @kindex C-x @key{RIGHT}
 @findex next-buffer
 @findex previous-buffer
  For conveniently switching between a few buffers, use the commands
-@kbd{C-x @key{LEFT}} and @kbd{C-x @key{RIGHT}}.  @kbd{C-x @key{RIGHT}}
+@kbd{C-x @key{LEFT}} and @kbd{C-x @key{RIGHT}}.  @kbd{C-x @key{LEFT}}
 (@code{previous-buffer}) selects the previous buffer (following the order
-of most recent selection in the current frame), while @kbd{C-x @key{LEFT}}
+of most recent selection in the current frame), while @kbd{C-x @key{RIGHT}}
 (@code{next-buffer}) moves through buffers in the reverse direction.

 @kindex C-x 4 b

--
Dani Moncayo

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2011-12-16 on DANI-PC
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
-fno-omit-frame-pointer'