Subject: bug#10334: 24.0.92; Doc fix

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:35:36 +0100

>> Thanks, I've committed the various fixed you pointed out in this thread
>> to the trunk.
>
> Thanks Chong.  But I wonder why you didn't mention anything about the
> major-mode re-setting that may take place after you save the new
> buffer to a file.

Ping.

I think that the explanation about the new buffer's major mode would
be more complete if we mention that the major mode may change when the
buffer is saved to a file.

For example:

=== modified file 'doc/emacs/buffers.texi'
--- doc/emacs/buffers.texi      2012-02-09 06:43:23 +0000
+++ doc/emacs/buffers.texi      2012-02-23 20:28:35 +0000
@@ -106,7 +106,9 @@
 determines the new buffer's major mode; the default value is
 Fundamental mode.  @xref{Major Modes}.  One reason to create a new
 buffer is to use it for making temporary notes.  If you try to save
-it, Emacs asks for the file name to use.
+it, Emacs asks for the file name to use, and the buffer's major mode
+is re-established taking that file name into account (@pxref{Choosing
+Modes}).

 @kindex C-x @key{LEFT}
 @kindex C-x @key{RIGHT}

-- 
Dani Moncayo