Subject: Re: bug#10323: 24.0.92; docstring diary-date-forms

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2021 12:11:43 +0200

"Roland Winkler" <[email-masked]> writes:

> (I haven't figured out why, according to the docstring of
> diary-date-forms, the patterns defined by different date forms must
> be mutually exclusive.  I'd find it more natural if just the first
> matching pattern wins.)
>
> What do others think about this?

I tried following the logic of the code here (and read the doc strings a
bunch of times), and I'm still confused as to why it's implemented the
way it is -- it seems pretty convoluted.

But we probably can't change the implementation here (without obsoleting
the variables and starting from scratch), so I think we should just
attempt to document what it's actually doing, as difficult as even that
is.  :-/

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no