Subject: bug#10321: 24.0.92; Byte-compilation for emacs-snapshot failed!

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 19:29:02 -0500

Laura Conrad wrote:

> !! This indicates a bug in one of the add-on packages
> !! installed on your system, or a bug in Emacs itself.
> !! Please file a bug report against emacs-snapshot
> !! and attach the file /tmp/emacs-snapshot.rrQsds

It's a bug in one of the add-on packages installed in your system.

> Here is the tmp file:

  install/flim: byte-compiling for emacs-snapshot, logged in /tmp/elc.7zbUZHviyqhZ
  emacs-install: /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/flim emacs-snapshot emacs22 emacs23 failed at
  /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-install line 28, <TSORT> line 15.

We would need to see /tmp/elc.7zbUZHviyqhZ to see what the actual error
is, but I guess this is the same issue as

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7148

which was supposedly fixed in a newer version of flim

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=588189

so I suggest either updating or removing the flim package on your
system.