Subject: bug#10314: 24.0.92; ietf-drums-parse-address and non-ASCII names

From: Aaron Ecay <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 03:29:08 -0500

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 02:23:35 +0100, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I'm unable to reproduce this bug:
> 
> (ietf-drums-parse-address "=?utf-8?q?Philipp_=C3=9Cberbacher?= <[email-masked]>")
> => ("[email-masked]" . "=?utf-8?q?Philipp_=C3=9Cberbacher?=")
> 
> Do you have a test case?

This would arise in the notmuch email reader, which would decode the
address to UTF-8 before calling this function.  So you can get the
behavior by doing:

(ietf-drums-parse-address "Philipp Überbacher <[email-masked]>")
; -> ("[email-masked]" . "Philipp berbacher")

When this happens, there is also a message displayed in the echo area:
“Unknown symbol: Ü”.

Thanks,

-- 
Aaron Ecay