Subject: 24.0.92; [wishlist] Add an option to disable "auto-refining" while moving between hunks in diff mode

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:45:59 +0100

Severity: wishlist

In diff mode, the commands bound to M-n/M-p move the point to the
next/previous hunk, but they do one more thing: they also refine the
hunk where point jumps to.

I'd like to have the option to control (enable/disable) that automatic
refining, because:
* Sometimes I don't _need_ it (so my browsing could be faster).
* Sometimes I don't _want_ it (when the hunk contains many changed
lines, the refined hunk looks confusing).

TIA.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-12-10 on DANI-PC
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --cflags
-fno-omit-frame-pointer'

-- 
Dani Moncayo