Subject: Re: bug#10304: 24.0.92: display bug

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 19:36:13 +0200

> From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 12:38:07 +0100
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > According to this, the window had 70 lines, of which 43 displayed
> > text; that text was comprised of empty lines, except for the 2nd line
> > which displayed the text "Link "; and point was on that 2nd line.
> > Does that sound reasonable?
> 
> Yes, the only text in the buffer was the Link thing, and that was
> probably on the second line.  However, the window was (let's see) 43
> lines tall.
> 
> The image was (faultily) displayed right below the Link.

Could you describe in more detail what happened to cause the text at
the end of the buffer be displayed instead of the image?  Is it that
the buffer included an image and also some text, and that buffer was
scrolled such that the image went out of view and the text came into
view?  Or was it some other scenario, like maybe switching buffers in
the window?

Andreas, perhaps you also could give such details about your case?

I think I see the code that could be the culprit, but I need to
understand better how the new display replaced the old one, to dig
deeper.

TIA