Subject: Re: bug#10304: 24.0.92: display bug

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:45:38 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think I do understand.  My suspicion is that we somehow fail to
> realize that the screen estate formerly occupied by the image, and
> everything that follows it, needs to be cleared in its entirety.  On
> the display engine level, the image takes just one "line" (called
> "glyph row"), and perhaps we somehow don't realize that the height of
> that "line" is large, and all of that needs to be cleared, not just
> the number of text lines of "normal" height that will replace the
> image on display.

Did you get any further on this?

I've finally found a single message in Gnus where I can reproduce this
almost 100% of the time -- but only on this display, so it's probably
closely tied to the exact geometry of the Emacs frame.

But if you have debugging instructions, since I can now reproduce this,
I can hopefully give you the output you need to fix this...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no