Subject: Re: bug#10304: 24.0.92: display but

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 02:20:50 +0100

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <[email-masked]> writes:

> I see this thing occasionally when reading news in group. I cant
> reproduce it at will.
>
> This screen shot is from article buffer, you can see the first line
> starts with "I tend to ... " is displayed twice in the screen (bottom
> also same line). In fact this messages was long, the line "I tend to
> ..."  displayed at the bottom at the beginning. then I needed to hit SPC
> to read remaining part of the message. So the last line stays there

Eli, if you look at the image included in this bug report, this looks
like the same display bug that I've seen a few times.  It's as if Emacs
isn't clearing some parts of the screen when scrolling.  (Sometimes.)

I still haven't been able to make a test case for this.  It happens to
me like a couple of times a week, so it's pretty obscure...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/