Subject: bug#10293: [PATCH] du -x should not count files in other file systems

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:57:54 -0700

On 12/13/2011 12:19 PM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Here's a proposed patch.  The bug is absent from coreutils 5.0
> and present in 5.2.0.  I'm guessing from the NEWS files that
> it was introduced in 5.1.0 but 5.1.0 is no longer available
> at ftp.gnu.org so this isn't trivial for me to check.

$ git log --pretty=oneline COREUTILS-5_0..COREUTILS-5_2_0 \
  src/du.c | wc -l
29

only 29 commits to search from.  You can also git bisect on a particular
file, if needed.  But my guess is commit 95c948b06a, given the changelog
line:

    (process_file, du_files): Rewrite to use fts.

which 'git describe' puts after 5.0.91 but before 5.1.0.  I think your
guess was right. (And I spent more time on this email than I did on
searching git - such a change from the CVS days, where I have no idea
how long it would have taken to do the same sort of search for a culprit).

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-919-301-3266
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org