Subject: change in behavior of du with multiple arguments (commit efe53cc)

From: Kamil Dudka <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:50:30 +0100

Hi,

the following upstream commit introduces a major change in behavior of du
when multiple arguments are specified:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/coreutils.git/commit/?id=efe53cc

... and the issue has landed as a bug in our Bugzilla:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/747075#c3

Was such a change in behavior intended?  I am asking as I was not able to
find it documented anywhere.  The up2date man page states:

    Summarize disk usage of each FILE, recursively for directories.

..., where FILE refers to a single argument given to du.  The info 
documentation states:

    The FILE argument order affects which links are counted, and changing the
    argument order may change the numbers that `du' outputs.

However, changing the numbers is one thing and missing lines in the output
of du is quite another thing.

Could anybody please clarify the current behavior of du?  Thanks in advance!

Kamil