Subject: Re: bug#10281: change in behavior of du with multiple arguments (commit efe53cc)

From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:30:30 -0700

Jim Meyering wrote:
> FYI, Kamil's original mail never to have reached the mailing list[*],

It was sitting in the debbugs-submit queue waiting for a human.  I
reviewed the queues a few minutes ago and sent it through.  At least I
am pretty sure it was the same message I saw there.  I hadn't realized
it was something to note until after I read the thread here just now.
Here is the interesting part of the trail.

  Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1] helo=debbugs.gnu.org)
          by debbugs.gnu.org with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
          (envelope-from <[email-masked]>)
          id 1RaC73-0002OB-Uh
          for [email-masked]; Mon, 12 Dec 2011 15:04:40 -0500
  Received: from eggs.gnu.org ([140.186.70.92])
          by debbugs.gnu.org with esmtp (Exim 4.69)
          (envelope-from <[email-masked]>) id 1Ra5Mj-0000gC-LJ
          for [email-masked]; Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:52:23 -0500

> in spite of reaching debbugs and acquiring a bug number

That does seem strange since I didn't think it got a bug number until
after it went through debbugs.  It had a bug number and so it must
have already gone through debbugs.  It must work differently from that
somehow.

> and then going on to reach Paul (the Cc'd recipient).

Of course the CC would be a direct message outside of any of the bug
tracking and mailing lists.

Bob