Subject: Re: bug#10278: color-p.test failed

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:49:33 +0100

tags 10278 notabug
close 10278
thanks

On Wednesday 14 December 2011, Savio Wong wrote:
> Hi Stefano,
> 
> Well, I am a 40+ non-IT old man, please bear with me for my strange 
> acts.
>
I see no stange act here, on the contrary, I appreciate your report and
your prompt answer!  In fact, I believe the automake testsuite is partly
at fault here, since it should suggest the user to send (at least) also
the `configure.log' file with the report.  Maybe we can improve this in
the future ...

> I install LFS on a vbox client for self-study purpose.  After I 
> submitted the error report, I encountered some very series problem when 
> working on the next package.  Problem vanished after reboot, and I got 
> me LFS system running now.
>
> Apology for not able to provide items 2, 3, 4 you mentioned.  And I 
> believe/guess the color-p.test issue is due to "virtual hardware 
> failure".
>
That would explain the strangeness of the failure.  I'm then closing
the bug report; feel free to re-open it if you encounter the problem
again in the future.

> Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.
>
No inconvenience at all.

Thanks again for your report and your helpfulness,
  Stefano