Subject: bug#10278: color-p.test failed

From: Savio Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:31:19 +0800

Hi Stefano,

Well, I am a 40+ non-IT old man, please bear with me for my strange 
acts.  I install LFS on a vbox client for self-study purpose.  After I 
submitted the error report, I encountered some very series problem when 
working on the next package.  Problem vanished after reboot, and I got 
me LFS system running now.

Apology for not able to provide items 2, 3, 4 you mentioned.  And I 
believe/guess the color-p.test issue is due to "virtual hardware 
failure".  Sorry again for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,
Savio

On Wednesday, December 14, 2011 08:57 PM, Stefano Lattarini wrote:
> tags 10278 moreinfo
> thanks
>
> Thanks for the report.
>
> Unfortunately, I've not been able to understand the reason of this
> failure.  We might need more details for that; so, could you please:
>
>   1. tell us which system you have run the testsuite on;
>
>   2. send us the config.log file generated by configure;
>
>   3. send us the contents of the directory left by the failed test
>      (should be `tests/color-p.dir'); note that this should be done
>      *before* continuing with the next point, since a re-run of the
>      test script will unfortunately remove that directory;
>
>   4. try to re-run the failed test, and tell us whether the failure
>      is determinately reproducible, or only happes some times.  You
>      can use the following commands to run onlt the failing testcase:
>
>        $ make check TESTS=color-p.test
>
> Regards,
>    Stefano
>