Subject: speedbar highlights first selected item in speedbar-highlight-face

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:06:20 +0100

Package: emacs
Severity: minor

emacs -Q -f speedbar
;; then select any source file in speedbar, click to unfold it, and
click over any variable or function.

What happens:
- The file is highlighted in the Speedbar frame, with `speedbar-highlight-face'.
- The file is loaded into a buffer and displayed in a window.
- The selected variable or function is shown, and also highlighted
with `speedbar-highlight-face'.

Clicking into another subitem (or even the same one) of the same file
does not bring back the highlighting. But clicking it into another
file's subitem does. It happens every time a new file is selected,
even if previously selected.

I'm not sure this is a bug, because the behavior already happens in
22.1, but certainly is unexpected, and the docstring of
`speedbar-highlight-face' talks only about buttons, not the source
file.