Subject: Re: bug#10261: 24.0.92; The "dist" makefile target & the "--distfiles" configure option

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:43:00 +0100

I'm re-sending a message from Eli to this list, because I think it
didn't arrive to you, since it was sent to a "-done" address
([email-masked]).

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 22:08, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>[...]
>> And BTW, I'm wondering too: what's the point of the "barebin" file?
>
> For people who want to be able to dump their own Emacs after
> preloading a different collection of Lisp files, I think.  I never
> used it, FWIW.
>
>> Should not be separate targets for making the "bin" and "barebin"
>> files?
>
> I actually think we need to deprecate it and eventual stop building
> and distributing it.  I doubt anyone ever used it.

If nobody uses this "barebin" target, I also suggest to deprecate/remove it.

-- 
Dani Moncayo