Subject: 24.0.91; C-x s d puts the point at the end of *Diff*

From: [email-masked] (Óscar Fuentes)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 03:07:14 +0100

emacs -Q

Visit a file which is several screenfuls long.

Make changes here and there to produce a diff large enough to not fit
into a splitted window.

C-x s d

The window splits, *Diff* is shown on the new window, but the point is
at the end of *Diff* and the user can't inspect its contents by pressing
C-M-v nor he can type `C-x o' to switch to that window nor click on it
while the prompt still is on the minibuffer. If the user wishes to
inspect the contents of *Diff*, he must exit the prompt and switch to
that buffer.

There is a trick: once the *Diff* buffer is shown, you can type `d'
again and *Diff* is correctly shown with the point at the beginning, so
C-M-v works. Anyways, C-M-v as the sole method for moving the point on
the *Diff* buffer is quite limited. On the past, it was possible to
switch to the *Diff* buffer and move around without exiting the prompt.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.91.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit)
 of 2011-11-25 on qcore
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-gsettings''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  magit-status-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  hide-^M-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
<down> <down> <down> <down> C-s i n c l u d e C-a C-x 
C-f <backspace> b i t <return> s t a t <return> C-s 
C-s C-a C-s _ i n o <prior> M-< C-s d e v _ t C-a C-x 
C-f t y <return> M-< C-s C-s C-r C-r <prior> <prior> 
<prior> C-x C-f f e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
f e <return> C-s C-s C-a C-x k <return> <help-echo> 
C-x b i n p u <return> M-< <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> M-x r e v e r t <return> 
y e s <return> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<up> C-k <down> <down> C-k C-k <up> <up> C-y C-k <right> 
C-d C-x C-s M-x c m <return> <help-echo> C-x g <return> 
<down> <tab> <next> <next> <prior> <prior> M-2 <up> 
s c i n p u M-/ : SPC i n y e c t a d a d s <backspace> 
<backspace> s SPC a l g u n a s SPC f u n c i o n e 
s <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <C-left> C-e C-x o <tab> <down> 
<next> C-x o C-M-v r e n a m e , SPC C-M-v m a <backspace> 
k d i r , SPC r m d i r C-M-v a c <backspace> <backspace> 
, SPC a c c e s s , C-x o <prior> <prior> <prior> <next> 
<next> <next> C-x o SPC t m p f i l e C-a <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <left> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> M-d e d C-c 
C-c P <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/oscar/dev/idb/lp0/inputoutput.cpp...
Wrote /home/oscar/dev/idb/lp0/inputoutput.cpp
(No files need saving)
Compilation finished
Type C-c C-c to commit (C-c C-k to cancel).
Scanning for dabbrevs...100%
Expansion found in '*magit: lp0*'
Git finished.
Running git push -v origin speed:refs/heads/speed
Git finished.

Load-path shadows:
~/dev/other/magit/magit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/magit

Features:
(shadow emacsbug jka-compr woman man newcomment nndoc ibuf-ext ibuffer
help-mode solar cal-dst nnagent vc vc-dispatcher mule-util org-wl
org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs
org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb pcmpl-unix em-unix em-term term
ehelp electric em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs
em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd
esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode
esh-util dabbrev grep cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs multi-isearch dired-aux
tramp-cache tramp tramp-compat shell tramp-loaddefs face-remap qp sort
smiley ansi-color gnus-cite flow-fill mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-async
gnus-ml pop3 nndraft nnmh nnml nnfolder parse-time netrc network-stream
starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig
mailcap nntp gnus-cache nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail
mail-source smtpmail auth-source eieio assoc password-cache sendmail
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr view disp-table
whitespace paredit org-crypt org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-install compile lp0-mode preview
prv-emacs info reporter desktop latex tex-style tex-buf tex tex-site
auto-loads time-date paren tango-theme tsdh-light-theme uniquify magit
ediff server pcomplete comint vc-git psvn byte-opt warnings bytecomp
byte-compile cconv macroexp derived edmacro kmacro wid-edit cl log-edit
ring pcvs-util add-log diff-mode pp elp ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind
ediff-mult ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util dired regexp-opt easymenu
easy-mmode ido advice help-fns advice-preload tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dynamic-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)