Subject: bug#10241: closed (Re: bug#10241: undefined ffi_type_pointer problem mipsel linux)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 20:19:02 +0000

Your bug report

#10241: undefined ffi_type_pointer problem mipsel linux

which was filed against the guile package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10241: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10241
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10241: undefined ffi_type_pointer problem mipsel linux
From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
To: Anthony Green <[email-masked]>
Cc: ɺɺ <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 21:17:40 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed 07 Dec 2011 11:54, Anthony Green <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 12/7/2011 2:49 AM, ɺɺ wrote:
>> Dear Mr. Green :
>>
>>    My box is fuloong 6004, loongson2f cpu, mips64, little endian, more
>> info see
>> http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Loongson#Loongson_2F
>>
>> Here I want install autogen, then needs guile dependency, guile needs
>> libffi, when I install libffi, afterthat I install guile, problem is
>> that undefined ffi_type_pointer, I try to several methods, it still
>> can be ok. I checked the ffi.h is extern, shall I defined the use
>> #define for  each one ?
>
>
> This just looks like libffi isn't being linked to guile at all.  Can you
> verify that libffi was actually built and installed in the right place?
> Next, I would see what "CCLD guile" is really doing.  I'm not sure how
> guile is built these days, but maybe you just have to add V=1 to the
> "make" command line.

Indeed.  Libffi certainly builds on mipsel machines, as does Guile, so I
suspect this is an error configuring Guile.  Perhaps you needed to set
PKG_CONFIG_PATH, ɺɺ?

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/

Subject: undefined ffi_type_pointer problem mipsel linux
From: 珊珊 <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 15:49:21 +0800 (CST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Mr. Green :

   My box is fuloong 6004, loongson2f cpu, mips64, little endian, more info see
http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Loongson#Loongson_2F

Here I want install autogen, then needs guile dependency, guile needs libffi, when I install libffi, afterthat I install guile, problem is  that undefined ffi_type_pointer, I try to several methods, it still can be ok. I checked the ffi.h is extern, shall I defined the use #define for  each one ?

Thanks

bo cheng

   CCLD   guile
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_pointer'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_float'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_void'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_sint64'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_prep_cif'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_uint32'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_double'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_prep_closure_loc'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_call'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_sint8'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_closure_free'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_closure_alloc'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_uint8'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_sint32'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_uint16'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_sint16'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_uint64'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [guile] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/soft/guile-2.0.3/libguile'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/soft/guile-2.0.3/libguile'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/

Theres is in ffi.h

/* These are defined in types.c */
extern ffi_type ffi_type_void;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_uint8;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_sint8;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_uint16;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_sint16;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_uint32;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_sint32;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_uint64;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_sint64;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_float;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_double;
extern ffi_type ffi_type_pointer;