Subject: Re: bug#10238: R in gnus-summary does not pop a frame like F does

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 22:01:31 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> I have a special-display-* setting like "\\*.*\\*" that makes all
> buffers named with *...* to pop up in dedicated frames.
> When I follow-up with F in gnus-summary, this is obeyed just fine and
> pops up a new frame where I can comfortably edit my message.
> But if I use R instead, the message-mode buffer is placed in the main
> Gnus frame rather than in its own frame.  I.e. it disregards
> special-display-*.

I've never used any of the `special-display-*' stuff.  What's the
setting exactly for reproducing this bug?

> PS: BTW, please keep commit logs comments within the usual 80 (or even
> 72) columns!

I have previously been instructed to make the first line of a commit
message be a complete sentence.  Making it complete, less than 72
characters and meaningful is a challenge.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/