Subject: bug#10238: R in gnus-summary does not pop a frame like F does

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:00:46 -0600

On Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:26:38 -0500 Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> wrote: 

>>> PS: BTW, please keep commit logs comments within the usual 80 (or even
>>> 72) columns!
>> I have previously been instructed to make the first line of a commit
>> message be a complete sentence.  Making it complete, less than 72
>> characters and meaningful is a challenge.

SM> The first line doesn't need to be complete, as far as I'm concerned.
SM> And I'm more worried about it staying within the 80 columns limit than
SM> about it being a complete sentence.
SM> IOW, just make sure that if you only read the first 80 chars of
SM> the first line, you get something meaningful that describes the bulk of
SM> the patch.

I'm OK with the above, as long as the Gnus developers are allowed to go
over 80 in the first line within reason.  So we'll keep the first line
short, but if it has to go a little over 80, we'll make sure the really
important stuff is at the very beginning.

Can we highlight past the 80th char in commit log buffers?  That would
be a nice passive indicator of a problem.

CC to ding for any stray comments.

Ted