Subject: bug#10238: R in gnus-summary does not pop a frame like F does

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:47:12 -0500

>> I'm not completely sure ("emacs -Q" doesn't work too well with Gnus ;-),
>> but something like (setq special-display-regexps '("^\\*.*\\*$")) might
>> be sufficient.

> Yes, that allows me to reproduce the bug.

> I seem to recall the change here being made because a user had reported
> that `special-display-regexps' was being respected, and that the Gnus
> window conf wasn't.  So just backing out the patch doesn't seem like the
> right thing to do, either...

> (But of course, `F' and `R' should behave the same way here, anyway...)

> Is there a way to have

> (setq special-display-regexps '("^\\*.*\\*$"))

> but still say "don't do this for the Message buffers?

With special-display-regexps, I think something
like the code below should do it:

   (setq special-display-regexps
         '(("^\\*unsent.*\\*$" switch-to-buffer)
            "^\\*.*\\*$"))

> If so, the patch can be reverted, and the user who complained can just
> twiddle the variable in question...

Sounds good to me,

        Stefan