Subject: Re: bug#10238: R in gnus-summary does not pop a frame like F does

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 06:01:04 +0100

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm not completely sure ("emacs -Q" doesn't work too well with Gnus ;-),
> but something like (setq special-display-regexps '("^\\*.*\\*$")) might
> be sufficient.

Yes, that allows me to reproduce the bug.

I seem to recall the change here being made because a user had reported
that `special-display-regexps' was being respected, and that the Gnus
window conf wasn't.  So just backing out the patch doesn't seem like the
right thing to do, either...

(But of course, `F' and `R' should behave the same way here, anyway...)

Is there a way to have

(setq special-display-regexps '("^\\*.*\\*$"))

but still say "don't do this for the Message buffers?  If so, the patch
can be reverted, and the user who complained can just twiddle the
variable in question...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/