Subject: bug#10232: 24.0.92; gnus-summary-scroll-up error

From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 14:35:10 +0100

Hi all,
error when pressing RET on article in gnus summary buffer:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid byte code in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.0.92/lisp/wid-edit.elc")
  widget-convert-button(link 7032 7035 :action gnus-widget-press-button :help-echo "Follow the link" :keymap (keymap (menu-bar keymap (Url\ Button menu-item "Url Button" (keymap "Url Button" (Copy\ URL\ to\ kill\ ring menu-item "Copy URL to kill ring" gnus-article-copy-string)))) (117 . gnus-article-copy-string)) :button-keymap nil)
  gnus-article-add-button(7032 7035 gnus-signature-toggle #<marker at 7036 in *Article gmane.emacs.bugs*>)
  gnus-article-highlight-signature()
  gnus-treat-article(nil 1 1 "text/plain")
  gnus-display-mime()
  gnus-article-prepare-display()
  gnus-article-prepare(54749 nil)
  gnus-summary-display-article(54749 nil)
  gnus-summary-select-article(nil nil pseudo)
  gnus-summary-scroll-up(1)
  call-interactively(gnus-summary-scroll-up nil nil)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-12-02 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--without-rsvg' '--without-gconf' '--with-wide-int''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  anything-completion-mode: t
  anything-dired-mode: Enable anything completion in Dired functions.
Bindings affected are C, R, S, H.
This is deprecated for Emacs24+ users, use `ac-mode' instead.
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> q <up> <up> <up> <return> 
q <up> <return> <return> <down> <return> <down> <return> 
q <up> <return> <return> q <up> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <backspace> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <down> <return> 
<backspace> <return> <up> <return> <down> <return> 
<return> <return> M-x t o g g l e - d e <return> <up> 
<return> <up> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> q 
C-h c <return> q q y C-z l <return> M-x <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <return> g n u s - s u m m a M-/ M-/ 
M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ 
M-/ M-/ M-/ M-/ <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> s c r o l l M-/ SPC e r r o r <return> 
H i SPC a l l , <return> e r r o r SPC w h e n SPC 
p r e s s i n g SPC R E T SPC o n SPC a r t i c l e 
SPC i n SPC s u m m a r y SPC b u f f e r : <return> 
C-x C-b b a C-g <up> <up> C-SPC C-n C-n M-w C-c C-k 
y <f7> m <return> <return> <up> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n M-w q q <return> <return> 
q q q y M-x <return>

Recent messages:
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
Are you sure you want to quit reading news? (y or n)  y
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Saving file /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...
Wrote /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld
Saving /home/thierry/.newsrc.eld...done

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow dabbrev emacsbug qp tla smerge-mode diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about
dvc-version mailalias smtpmail sendmail epa-mail sort smiley gnus-cite
flow-fill mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7
nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder netrc network-stream starttls gnus-agent
gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache
gnus-dired cl-specs edebug cal-move debug ido xgit-log-edit
dvc-bookmarks dvc-state dvc-config find-func parse-time url-http tls
url-auth url-gw cal-iso vc-git xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate rect xgit-log
vc-bzr bzr-dvc bzr dvc-annotate dvc-revlist conf-mode newcomment preview
prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex imenu
reftex-vars font-latex latex tex-style tex latexenc tabify org-table
vc-rcs sh-script xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log dvc-diff
uniquify dvc-fileinfo bzr-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core
xmtn-minimal naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist
em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias
esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module
esh-mode align-let server slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp
slime-asdf slime-fancy slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-scratch slime-presentations slime-fuzzy
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-parse slime-repl image-file newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget
newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search
preview-latex em-term term ehelp electric pdbtrack whitespace paren time
winner mime-w3m mime eword-decode mel path-util mime-parse std11 luna
mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom
poe w3m-load help-mode view avoid savehist org-google-weather
google-weather url-cache googlecl google-maps google-maps-static
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json simple-call-tree
el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit zop-to-char mule-util alist pym
static apel-ver product elscreen smallurl mm-url rectangle-utils
tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs pcvs-util autodoc mb-depth
ioccur cl-info slime hideshow hyperspec slime-autoloads ledger-config
ledger esh-arg esh-util tex-site auto-loads esh-toggle flymake ipython
python-mode info-look ansi-color executable eldoc-eval eldoc no-word
regex-tool dired-extension image-dired dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus
xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig
nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus
tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified
dvc-tips add-log diff-mode ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help
ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp
dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs
dvc-site htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo
texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki
cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols
muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads
org-config-thierry org-crypt cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai
cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-agenda appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper
org-capture org-mks remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m w3m
doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit
w3m-ccl ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util addressbook-bookmark
message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader firefox-protocol bookmark-uzbl-handler
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval
org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs
noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp
init-anything-thierry anything-describe-keybindings anything-delicious
anything-mercurial anything-config browse-url rx anything-match-plugin
xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap grep compile tramp
tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint ring format-spec tramp-loaddefs
dired-x dired-aux dired regexp-opt ffap thingatpt anything warnings
epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv macroexp assoc gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr
password-cache usage-memo eev-thierry edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all
eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs
disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice
help-fns advice-preload cl w3m-wget info easymenu tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997