Subject: Re: bug#10231: libtool.m4 makes the wrong shell (dash) run libtool

From: Hallvard B Furuseth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 16:45:37 +0100

Earnie writes:
>> Yeah, but the question is if Cygnus/MSYS ensure that when the Make
>> program invokes libtool it obeys the '#! <shell path>' line inside it.
>> (...)
> Yes they do.  (...)

Thanks.

BTW, I just noticed this in the GNU coding standards, 7.2.1 General
Conventions for Makefiles:

    "Every Makefile should contain this line:

      SHELL = /bin/sh

    to avoid trouble on systems where the `SHELL' variable might be
    inherited from the environment.  (This is never a problem with GNU
    `make'.)"

So Make programs differ in this, the current '$(SHELL) libtool' was
never supposed to be correct, and $CONFIG_SHELL concerns seem irrelevant.

-- 
Hallvard