Subject: bug#10230: closed (Re: bug#10230: 24.0.92; Warnings on emacs startup)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 12:41:03 +0000

Your bug report

#10230: 24.0.92; Warnings on emacs startup

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
10230: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=10230
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#10230: 24.0.92; Warnings on emacs startup
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 13:39:13 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

9 dec 2011 kl. 18:36 skrev Thierry Volpiatto:

> Hi,
> 
> Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> Hello.
>> 
>> There seems to be some configure problem.  Can you mail me your config.log?
> 
> <config.log>
> 

Thanks, this has been fixed in the trunk now.  You have to rerun configure.

	Jan D.

Subject: 24.0.92; Warnings on emacs startup
From: thierry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:28:04 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,
I have tried building emacs like this:

"./configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-rsvg --without-gconf --with-wide-int"

Emacs works fine except I have these warning messages on startup when
starting from command line:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(process:22974): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.0/./gobject/gtype.c:2708: You forgot to call g_type_init()

(process:22974): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `initialization_value != 0' failed

(process:22974): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new: assertion `G_TYPE_IS_OBJECT (object_type)' failed
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2011-12-02 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11004000
configured using `configure  '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--without-rsvg' '--without-gconf' '--with-wide-int''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  anything-completion-mode: t
  anything-dired-mode: Enable anything completion in Dired functions.
Bindings affected are C, R, S, H.
This is deprecated for Emacs24+ users, use `ac-mode' instead.
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-c v <return> C-x C-b s h <down> <C-tab> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> C-SPC C-e M-w C-z p <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <return> C-y <return> <up> " <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
. <down> <down> M-x r e p o r t <return>

Recent messages:
OVERVIEW
Restoring buffers...86%
OVERVIEW
Restoring buffers...88%
OVERVIEW
Restoring buffers...done
Auto-saving...done

Mark set [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite gnus-dired mail-extr gnus-msg emacsbug vc-git
xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate rect xgit-log vc-bzr bzr-dvc bzr
dvc-annotate dvc-revlist conf-mode newcomment preview prv-emacs tex-buf
reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex imenu reftex-vars font-latex
latex tex-style tex latexenc vc-rcs sh-script tabify org-table xhg-dvc
xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log dvc-diff uniquify dvc-fileinfo bzr-core
xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal naquadah-theme em-unix
em-script em-prompt em-ls em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl
em-basic esh-opt em-banner em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-proc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode align-let server
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl image-file
newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview newst-reader
newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search preview-latex em-term term ehelp
electric pdbtrack whitespace paren time winner mime-w3m mime
eword-decode mel path-util mime-parse std11 luna mime-def mcharset
mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe w3m-load
help-mode view avoid savehist org-google-weather google-weather
url-cache googlecl google-maps google-maps-static google-maps-geocode
google-maps-base json simple-call-tree el-expectations el-mock csv2org
iedit zop-to-char mule-util alist pym static apel-ver product elscreen
smallurl mm-url rectangle-utils tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info
pcvs-defs pcvs-util autodoc mb-depth ioccur cl-info slime hideshow
hyperspec slime-autoloads ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util tex-site
auto-loads esh-toggle flymake ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color
executable eldoc-eval eldoc no-word regex-tool dired-extension
image-dired dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group
gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs
dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified dvc-tips add-log diff-mode
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui
dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site htmlize-hack
htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo
muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start
cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util addressbook-bookmark message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-uzbl-handler bookmark-firefox-handler
bookmark-extensions org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs bookmark pp init-anything-thierry
anything-describe-keybindings anything-delicious anything-mercurial
anything-config browse-url rx anything-match-plugin xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util
url-parse url-vars mailcap grep compile tramp tramp-compat shell
pcomplete comint ring format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-x dired-aux dired
regexp-opt ffap thingatpt anything warnings epa-file epa derived epg
epg-config auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp assoc gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache
usage-memo eev-thierry edmacro kmacro iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps
eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert
eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl
w3m-wget info easymenu tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997