Subject: bug#1023: Can't resize on Mac OS

From: "Ken Harris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 15:52:42 -0700

> I meant only about automatic resizing on the screen size change.  I
> still can't reproduce the case that "the zoom button stops working."
> Could you give concrete configuration and steps to reproduce the
> latter?

Note that it's not the zoom button that stops working.  It's the resize control.

Hardware: MacBook, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM.
OS: Mac OS X 10.5.4.
Emacs: Carbon Emacs ("Spring, 2008; Carbon Emacs Package by S.
Zenitani et al." in the Finder, "GNU Emacs 22.2.1
(i386-apple-darwin8.11.1, Carbon Version 1.6.0)" in the *GNU Emacs*
buffer.

Procedure: Plug sleeping MacBook into external 24" DVI display, USB
keyboard and mouse, and power supply (the latter wakes it from sleep).
 Launch Emacs; note that you can resize the window.  Unplug display,
keyboard, mouse, power supply (puts it to sleep).  Open lid; observe
that you can no longer resize the Emacs window.

I tried this now twice in a row, and it did the same thing both times.
 In both cases, once I plugged in the external display again, the
Emacs window regained its ability to be resized.  (Otherwise, I have
to relaunch Emacs to do this.)

- Ken