Subject: Re: bug#1023: Can't resize on Mac OS

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 07:17:54 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:53:01 -0400, David Reitter <[email-masked]> said:

>>>> (b) When I switch from a large external display to my laptop's
>>>> display, I have less screen area, but unlike all my other apps,
>>>> the Emacs window doesn't shrink itself to fit on my display.
>> 
>>> Yes, I can confirm that.
>> 
>> I don't have a plan to change the behavior for the Carbon port, but
>> the Carbon+AppKit port (*) would shrink the frame to fit the screen
>> for that case.

> But what I do see occasionally is that after switching from my large
> screen to the small one, the frame becomes unresizeable and the zoom
> button stops working.  I can programmatically change the frame size
> (my own "scatter frames" function) but nothing manual.  So there's
> definitely some bug.

I meant only about automatic resizing on the screen size change.  I
still can't reproduce the case that "the zoom button stops working."
Could you give concrete configuration and steps to reproduce the
latter?

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]