Subject: Re: bug#1023: Can't resize on Mac OS

From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:53:01 -0400

On 25 Sep 2008, at 17:43, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu wrote:

>>>>>> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:27:22 -0400, David Reitter <[email-masked] 
>>>>>> > said:
>
>>> Resizing of the Emacs window (frame?  the windowing-system-level
>>> thing) doesn't work right:
>>>
>>> (a) If I click the Zoom (+) button in the window's titlebar, the
>>> window becomes unresizeable: dragging the corner no longer has an
>>> effect, until I click the Zoom button again.
>
>> Can't reproduce.
>
> I can't reproduce it with Emacs 22.3/Mac OS X 10.5.5, either.
>
>>> (b) When I switch from a large external display to my laptop's
>>> display, I have less screen area, but unlike all my other apps, the
>>> Emacs window doesn't shrink itself to fit on my display.
>
>> Yes, I can confirm that.
>
> I don't have a plan to change the behavior for the Carbon port, but
> the Carbon+AppKit port (*) would shrink the frame to fit the screen
> for that case.

But what I do see occasionally is that after switching from my large  
screen to the small one, the frame becomes unresizeable and the zoom  
button stops working.
I can programmatically change the frame size (my own "scatter frames"  
function) but nothing manual.
So there's definitely some bug.

As a side-node, your port is the most widely used one and will be for  
some time to come - fixing bugs in the 22 branch is absolutely  
worthwhile.